Sunday, August 2, 2015

Questioning Quora

I've been concentrating on Wikis this week because I found Quora, the other program discussed in Week 5, to be questionably useful at best. The only thing that seems to separate Quora from Yahoo Answers is a lack of trolling (which is admittedly the most fun part of using Yahoo Answers). I can understand the desire to get detailed, human answers to complex questions, but asking a more specialized community would likely get the same result as well as additional answers and links to previous, similar queries.

I suppose it has its uses, but I'll stick with wikis and forums.

3 comments:

  1. I don't find it all that useful, either -- but I think it's important that we all, as instructional designers, keep in mind that people really do flock to such forums for Q&A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a good place to kill time, but I don't think I'd be one to post a question myself. I've never for Yahoo answers, so I don't see why Quora would change that about me. I usually google until I find the most reliable answer, and if it's health related, I just call my doctor for a visit :-P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought the same thing- similar to Yahoo Answers. I can see how people can enjoy spending time on the site, but I wouldn't say it is for an academic purpose.

    ReplyDelete